Thursday, October 10, 2013

Not Worried/Poems of Gratitude

(one of my favorites from sometime back in 2003.)

banana-nut bread
fresh outta the oven at
1 AM with cold milk;
not worried about getting to heaven.

(Amen!)

--
From 11 years ago exactly (Oct. 10, 2002)

Thank you to my friends
who give me the strength to begin each day anew;
To my family,
who contributes unconditional love,
and calls just to make sure I'm alright;
To the world for being so beautiful;
To the sky for its constant changing,
reminding me that nothing in life is permanent.
To the loves of my past
for teaching me about humanity
and about myself;
To the sun and the moon
for lighting my way
on countless walks
when I was sad and alone,
when I was happy and free.
They shared in my joy
and shone with me.
To those in our government
who at least TRY to make this country good;
To music that wraps tight around me
and invades my hopeful soul.
To the people I've met
and the people I shall meet in coming years--
You have shared and will shape
who I have been and
who I will be.
--
CBF

No comments:

Post a Comment